NuData Security, a Mastercard company, is looking to hire a Director of Development for Strategic Initiatives.
At NuData, we offer a real-time product that analyzes user activity to detect and mitigate industrial-scale attacks from hackers on user logins, account creation, purchases and other transactional placements. We solve real world security challenges and mitigate threats for some of the largest technology, eCommerce, and financial institutions in the world, including members in the top 5 of the Fortune 500.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives leads the development teams charged with incorporating NuData core capabilities into strategic partner products and platforms, as well as developing new strategic capabilities.
As part of development management and leadership group, the Director is responsible for leading a set of highly skilled and knowledgeable Agile Scrum development teams in building state-of-the-art technology solutions that empower the capabilities of the NuDetect product.
- Lead the development teams responsible for integrating NuData capabilities into partner environments, enhancing the product to be delivered at scale, and developing new strategic capabilities in the core product set.
- Grow the development team leadership capacity by both leading the hiring process for new lead developer positions and identifying and mentoring future leads from within the existing development teams
- Provide coaching and guidance to the leads on team management, project management, and general software development processes
- Build and develop Agile Scrum development teams by identifying practices that work well within individual teams and that align with Agile methodology and implement these across all of the teams to establishing them as best practices
- For single department projects, be the primary resource for identifying the resources required and building the high-level project plan required to complete the work; for multi-department projects, support these functions as part of a larger project team
- Work with Lead developers to complete technical designs that detail the proposed technical solutions required to complete projects; once completed, drive the review and sign-off process for the technical designs with the key stakeholders
- Define, educate, review progress on, and report on software development best practices and processes across the development teams
- Be a subject matter expert on the core technology of NuDetect and NuDetect as a Product; using that expertise, be a primary source of knowledge to all areas of the company on how the core product/technology works, provide ideas for technical solutions for new project requests, and be a key decision maker for the technical decisions that define the architecture and implementation of NuDetect
- Provide guidance to overall development management team by identifying and advocating for projects to maintain, strengthen, and improve the technology and architecture of NuDetect
- Drive trouble-shooting and resolution of technical problems with the development teams in any of the components that those teams are responsible for across Staging, QA, and Production environments
- Minimum of eight years of software development experience, in any role
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Minimum of two years leadership and people management experience
- Active experience with Agile Scrum development teams
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t suck, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a company, like sword-fighting workshops, summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Our focus currently is on candidates that are already in or willing to relocate to the Vancouver area, and who are already eligible to work in Canada.